Facts About Dreams
Dreams have been studied throughout history, and dream interpretation has tried to make sense of tonight's visit as long as your dreams are people. People who could interpret dreams, and whose dreams were particularly vivid, where it was often believed that they were imbued with divine powers and had a special place in their society. Even today, dream interpretation is in high demand after art, and science focuses on independent interpretation as a way to deal with all kinds of underlying mental distress and problems.
There are some interesting facts about dreaming that you may not be aware of. These facts include:
- One third of most people’s lives is spent asleep, and a good portion of that time is spent in dream sleep.
- In the average lifetime, a person will have spent approximately six years in dream sleep, equivalent to more than 2,100 days of dreaming.
- Dreams have existed as long as human beings. There are records of dreams going back over 4,000 years.
- Dream interpretation has existed almost as long as dreaming, and Roman senators in the ancient world often engaged the services of dream interpreters before making important political and social decisions.
- Every human being dreams. Even if you do not remember your dreams, you dream between four and seven times a night, every night.
- Many animals dream as well. All mammals are thought to dream, and it is suspected that some lower animals dream as well. What they dream about, however, remains a mystery.
- If people are prevented from dreaming, they suffer a variety of personality disorders and psychological problems. The exact function of dream sleep is still not known, but it is known that dreaming is an indispensable part of life.